Experiments and Entering the World Again

Finished experiment number 2

I have a journal page I need to complete for an exchange. I decided to experiment with crayons and watercolors. My first attempt was to draw a face (below) and after wetting the watercolor paper I splashed it with random colors. It is just Eh. Not really what I wanted.

Finished Experiment Number 1

Next I drew a face in crayon and purposefully painted it with watercolor. I need to work with watercolor more. I've forgotten how to use the medium, and the brushes. I've become accustomed to acrylics and working from dark to light. And if you mess something up you just paint over it! Not so easy to do with watercolors, but I am satisfied with the results.

Experiment Number 2 mid-experimenting

 The background on my hand stitched fiber art is finished. I'm now working on stitching inside the hands. It's a big experiment in itself and I'm not going to share photos now until the hands are complete. 
I picked out the French knots on the half circle because they just didn't fit anymore. I could have added more French knots to make them work, but the art wasn't feeling it. 
The piece has spoken and French knots were knot in the plan. (pun fully intended)

I've been out of my house the past year and a half, but only to go to the grocery store, or doctors appointments.  Two friends I met in Master Gardening about 17 years ago got married last week on their 24th anniversary.  I decided to attend my first large gathering so I could wish them well and see their gorgeous yard. My husband and I are fully vaccinated. Hopefully everyone else was too. 
They didn't want gifts but I made them a couple of stamps anyway. I'm mean like that.


Their back yard is small but so gorgeous!

A glorious space. I could live back here.

Desert Willow, Lance planted from seed. It's a ten foot tree now.



The pond was one of my favorite spots! They built it themselves.
They have done so much work and I love looking at it!
So glad I was able to see all this. 

Comments

Beth said…
Hi Lisa. Beth from crowandravens here. Have you ever tried oil pastels instead of crayons? I have used that combo for years. Love you work.
Sylvia said…
I love seeing your drawings! The pond would be my favorite as well, water is so soothing.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds