Shades of Blue

FYI: In an attempt to catch up the blog with the last year AND stay up to date, I'll be attempting two short posts a week. One that will show what I am currently working on, and one that will be back dated. Hope it doesn't confuse anyone too much (myself included!)

I'm currently working on this 18" square, improv pieced art quilt. I'm thinking about entering it in to the Springville Quilt Show this summer. We'll see. I have an idea for a larger piece too, so if I'm lucky, I will have two new pieces to enter. If not then I will enter one of the pieces I created for my Art Cloth Mastery Show (more on that in another post).


This piece is created with hand dyed fabrics. I was experimenting with gradations of color by adding neutral gray or black to blue. I really love the dark grays I made with these combinations.
You can see the progression of the piece from the top left, down to the bottom right.


This is the current state of affairs. I will start quilting the sky tonight, and then work my way back to finishing the bottom. 

Comments

Lynda said…
Love your gradations. I've been meaning to do some of that - even have the fabric cut - but haven't been inspired. You might have done that today! Really interesting piece. Love all of that hand stitching. Looking forward to your next post.
Sylvia said…
Looking good! You know how I love blues! I am hoping to enter Springville as well. Just trying to decide what to enter.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds