Beginning to Create

In the beginning there were blank pages and it was good. . .
Then there were leaves. . .
and a gelli plate. . .

and stencils. . .
and paint. . .
and it was all very, very good!






I decided to start my Sketchbook project off by monoprinting on all of the pages (plus a few more) using acrylic paint on a Gelli Plate.  You must try one if you haven't already.  Such a simple way of making monoprints!  I am hoping these prints will help me with the "blank page" fear I sometimes develop.  Just looking at the pages I'm afraid a new "I might ruin it" fear is developing.  The best thing will be to just dig in and go for it - after I admire the backgrounds for a few more days.

I am creating a new page on my blog to collect all of my posts about my journey with The Sketchbook Project.  You will be able to see all the posts together here.

Comments

Judy Ferguson said…
I like the way to put this post together. It is clever and informative, and beautiful. Thanks for inspiration to get to work.
Frieda Oxenham said…
I read about your sketchbook on artquilt list and so glad I had a look at your blog. Your sketchbook looks great already! Just bought a Gelli plate myself and must give it a go. I've been doing the Sketchbook project myself too, this is my 4th one but I haven't started it yet. You can see my previous sketchbooks here:
http://www.arthousecoop.com/users/friedaquilter
Heather said…
Your pages are wonderful. I must pluck up the courage to try this one day.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds