Going for the Marble

As I was searching the internet for sketchbook ideas . . .one thing led to another which led to another which led to marbled paper.  I remembered reading about using inks on shaving cream to make marbled paper.  I didn't have instructions just a general sense of what I should do so instead of my usual hours spent researching before I do anything, I stepped out of my box and went for it.
1) A thick layer of cheap shaving cream on a plastic lid.
2) Drops of acrylic ink
3) Run the end of a paint brush through those drops to create a crazy pattern.
I was too excited creating to photograph the first try so these photos are of the second run.  The shaving cream wasn't as pristine but it still made a nice print!
The paper comes off the foam looking messed up.
OH NO did I totally mess it up?
Scrape off the shaving cream. . .
. . . and there is a pretty cool image.
The left is the first run and the right is the second run.
The paper is from the inside cover of my Sketchbook Project sketchbook.
I suppose I should have experimented more before trying it on something "so important" as the cover of my project sketchbook but sometimes you just have to go for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds