Mandala and Patterns

I've spent a lot of time in Photoshop changing colors, adding layers and combining bits and pieces to create patterns. I uploaded a some of my favorites and sent them out to be printed on paper. Besides showing me the color and clarity of the designs I thought they would make nice covers on some mini pamphlets. I thought I printed one page on an 80 lb paper, and the rest on a 110 lb paper, but they all feel the same to me. I think they are all 80 lb. I didn't return to the copy shop because the paper was all the same price and I didn't want the hassle. I'll be sure to check better next time.

I like the way the designs printed.


I follow a writer named Simon Moya-Smith on Instagram. One day he posted a photo of an article he was writing. The photo was a writing pad filled with a beautiful mix of cursive, printing, and lots of scratch outs. I asked him if I could use the image for my art, and he agreed. The first step was to make a png file of his handwriting. I used the png as one of the backgrounds on these images. I then used the png to order a thermofax screen from Jane Dunnewold, and it is waiting for me to use it to print the images on fabric.




Three of the mini-pamphlet sketchbooks I made using the printed patterns.
Each sketchbook is 4" square, and has approximately 10 pages.
They fit nicely in to the fabric pockets of the Treasure Book seen behind them.
I'll share more about this when it goes up for auction later this month.

Since starting to take these drawings digital, I've started taking photos of the drawings at different stages. Sometimes it's easier to create a digital pattern if I have the mandalas at different stages.

I love creating shadows.

I'm amazed at how much Indanthrene Blue looks like a ball point pen.



I think this mandala looks like a golf course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!