Sketchbook Part 4

 I like throwing in pages from some atlas' I have laying around. 

They don't have any special meaning. I just like maps.

Was trying to see what I could do with some washi tape, a polka dot piece of paper, and a black marker. The black out poem and heart illustration belong with the next page of the book.

The map is actually the opposite side of the page below. 

Went a bit more in depth here. Right side is the atlas with a few of my additions. Left side is my imaginary map. A continuation of the atlas.


A bit more color added to add more depth to the land masses, as well as a big ol' splash of water in the upper right hand corner. I like drawing sea creatures coming out of the water. I like this page.
And speaking of sea creatures. . .
. . .these two sperm whales made their way to the inside cover.
They are enjoying a meal of something delicious.

Like the inside cover whales, many of my drawings come about from the drips that duplicated themselves within the pages. After dragging some of the dye about, I decided these shapes reminded me of a couple of orca whales.

I decided they also needed a buddy.
And an experiment with my hand writing.
I'm starting to get used to my writing.

This page was a big experiment in writing.
I started on the left hand page with the numbers and alphabet, and rather than continue that experiment I found quotes I liked and copied them in all kinds of wiggly ways.
I can imagine something like this written in tiny letters and made in to a fabric.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!