Sketchbook Part 7

 There were many mirrored inkblots in the sketchbook which challenged my imagination.

This craziness started with a set of inkblots that looked like the one below.
Starship Enterprise again? Horseshoe? Stingray? What do you see?

The original inkblot can be seen on the left with it's reimagined mirror image on the right.
I immediately saw these people who were bundled up in a parka, walking on a puddle.

Maybe I should have extended the water across the entire page???

No original photo of this one, but I did immediately see elephant ears and trunk. Decided they were Elephant-ducks on ice skates. More inkblots were at the sides and were made in to the city with their reflections on the ice.

I played with collaging a face out of this inkblot.
Looking back I think I should have continued this idea. Oh well.

This complex inkblot took on a whole different life.

Two "people" (Maybe bears?) chatting chummily in the center, and then two odd chaps in large billed ball caps, each with just one giant hand. And then I had a random hand that said it needed to be coming up from the edge, so I obliged.

Interesting flower garden with giant butterflies. The blue on each edge were the inkblobs.

I asked a friend what she saw here and one of the suggestions were the legs of a giant bird.
Okay, I see that, so why not.

Soooo. . . whatever.

I was seeing monkeys riding horses or something, but my daughter had a different idea.

She saw a bat. Once she mentioned a bat, I saw it too.

And so they were born to fly the night sky.
It's just too bad its little face is in the crack of the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds