One of my favorite projects from Carol Soderlund's class
was printing with Thiox in print paste.
I created a thermofax screen from a photo of a coneflower and used it in my printing.
I really like the texture.
It reminds me of a commercial batik.
The fabric on the left is the printed/discharged piece, and the fabric on the right is the original ice dyed fabric which I tore this piece off of.
I want to discharge the rest of the fabric!
This piece was a fabric which I dyed by spreading the dye across with a big paint brush. I didn't like it much but I am liking it even more with the discharged letters.
I think I will throw some tangerine dye on top next.
This is a piece I didn't like which I over-dyed with several blacks. The color came out more purple than black. I then used a circle thermofax screen and some 2 day old Thiox paste to put in a little texture. The Thiox wasn't strong enough to take out all of the color but still did a great job of adding some interest to the piece.
Here is another piece that I discharged at the same time as the purple piece above.
Not sure if this one is done yet.
I do really like it though.
This is a piece I discharged when the Thiox was fresh and then over-dyed to get the beautiful purples and pinks.
Here's a close up.
We also learned to do Thiox immersion.
Here is Bev's piece which was first discharged with bleach, over-dyed, refolded and then put in the Thiox pot. Awesome stuff!
More photos tomorrow!