Dyeing Without My Babies

While my two youngest were off to young women's camp I spent some time dyeing fabrics and playing with surface design.  Two years ago I bought a handwoven cotton scarf from Dharma Trading.

I finally decided I would dye it using an ice dyeing method.
 I used Navy Blue, Better Black and Imperial Purple Dyes.
I wasn't sure if I would get the same explosions of color I usually get when ice dyeing but I knew that if I didn't like what I got I would dye it all over with black!
I think it turned out beautiful.
I really need a better photo of the full sized scarf! 
I'm in the middle of a custody battle for the scarf with my youngest daughter.
While I get my lawyer in to settle the case, the one thing I do know is that. . .
A) I should have tried this sooner and
B) I have to buy more of these scarves!
What colors should I try next?

Comments

Sylvia said…
It looks good on her! How can you possibly take it away?

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day