Formula for Success

I read about this great method of dyeing in Quilting Arts Magazine and had to try it.
Take some fabulous ice. . . 
 . . . wear protective gear. . .
 . . .add soda ash soaked fabric to fun containers. . .
 . . .sprinkle with dye powder. . .
. . .to get some beautiful Ice Dyed Parfaits.
 This is what the dye "vats" look like after the ice has melted.
And here are the beautiful pieces that come out of the vats:
I really like the pieces with more colors so next time I'm going to mix up the colors a little more.


Do you see a face in this one?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you tried larger pieces of fabric--maybe 1/2 yard?
Jan
Lisa Chin said…
Jan, I have ice dyed larger pieces but I haven't Ice Parfait dyed larger pieces yet. They are next on my to-do list! I'll post about them when I do!
Thanks! Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!