Bunny Paper - Alphabet Transfer

I am in the middle of #carvedecember.  Thirty one days of carving a stamp (or two) everyday of the month.  I decided I wanted to carve my own alphabet.  I lost track of time the other night drawing a very simple alphabet.  


When I started thinking about how I would transfer the letters onto the Speedy Carve I immediately wondered if I could use the Bunny Paper from Mistyfuse to do the job.


I scanned the alphabet into the computer and printed it onto the shiny side of the Bunny Paper.  I used the fast mode on my Brother Ink Jet printer so there wasn't much ink.  I worried that maybe it wouldn't work.


But it did!


All I had to do was lay the Bunny Paper on top of the Speedy Carve and rub!

The biggest issue I had was in getting the lettering lined up so that I didn't waste any of the Speedy Carve.  I was able to remove the transfer from the Speedy Carve, as well as the Bunny Paper with a wet paper towel.  I was also able to put the Bunny Paper through the printer a second time after it had been wiped clean.  I finally decided the best solution was to slice off a smaller piece of Speedy carve and lay it on top of the letters I wanted to transfer and then flip it over to rub the lettering on.


Success!


Next time I need to use the Bunny Paper with fabric!

Comments

Lynda said…
Lisa, Awesome! How many times can you use Bunny? Can't wait to see what you do on fabric with it.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!