Holiday Dangers

The house has been NOISY this holiday season.  I realize this is a good thing because it means I have family who still wants to be at home. As the kids move out, our lives are changing and sadly this noisiness might not always be the case.  That said, I needed some alone time today!  How do you find alone time when the house is full? I decided to take to the after Christmas sales, because nothing says alone like shopping, am I right?!  I can be in my own little world and look at pretty things.  If I hear someone yelling for Mom, I don't need to respond.  Not my circus, not my monkeys!

However there is a great danger in hitting the after Christmas sales alone.  It's a fine balance because while there is no one there to beg you to buy something, there is also no one there to reign you in!


Now before you start judging - 
It was all on sale at least half off, with most of it 70% off.
It will all be used - some year.
And believe it or not, I did control myself.
I left a LOT at the store!

Perhaps I didn't need three Washi Tape Dispensers, but they looked like they would hold ribbon too and I really need more ribbon organization, especially since I found some great deals on more ribbon.  What I didn't realize was that there is a blade across the front of the Washi tape dispensers, which makes it very easy to tear off the tape, but might get in the way with ribbon.  I might need to buy more Washi tape.

One of the things I was most excited about finding were these alphabet letters:


They are a cute font.
AND even though the stamps themselves look Christmasy. . .

. . . the letters are the only thing that print.
I am a little crazy about letter stamps. . .
. . .So I bought them.


One of the things I was intentionally shopping for was a stamp pad or two, 
but this is what I found:


15 different Cat's Eye® pigment inks from Color Box®.  NOT on sale, BUT I did have a 50% off coupon.  Normally I would research this purchase for hours and make sure it was a great deal with the coupon BUT instead, I threw caution to the wind and made an impulse purchase.  I now have more than enough stamp pads, and I can give one or two to my daughter to use with the stamps I made for her.  Oh the price of spending a few hours alone in a craft store!
It was totally worth it.
I might even go back again later this week.

Comments

Lisa said…
nothing quite like retail therapy!!!!
Lynda said…
OMG! Serious shopping! Looks like you picked up some deals and who doesn't need a few extra stamp pads and stamps! And 3 Washi dispensers - sure! Sounds like you had a fun time.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds